Beef Bourguignon Recipes
Beef Bourguignon Recipes Without Wine
We know most of the best beef stews do have red wine in them. This really brings out the tempting and rich flavor in the sauce. But rest assured the alcohol does get cooked out. Well, I promise it is not necessary for really bringing out this tempting flavor in the stew with wine. I’m going to share those beef bourguignon recipes which are also delicious without the red wine. So, you can call it beef bourguignon without wine. You will fall in love with this beef meal. It is also a heck of quick beef bourguignon. So, let’s start!
What is the best red wine for beef bourguignon?
Basically, beef bourguignon recipes belong to the old French tradition. They use fatty beef cooked in red wine to make a stew that is either served in summer or spring as in the following day. The most famous red wines is a red Burgundy in France. So, You can use a Pinot Noir or Gamay in the easy beef bourguignon recipe.
In our case, I’m going to share beef bourguignon recipes without wine.
What is the difference between a beef stew and beef bourguignon?
Many people think beef stew and beef bourguignon both are same. But they are wrong. The big difference between a beef stew and boeuf bourguignon is the uses of red wine. American beef stews are cooked with water and onions. While quick beef bourguignon with wine must be cooked gradually.
I’m going to adopt the water and onion ingredients in beef bourguignon recipes with meat soup or tomato sauce. I also use a slow cooker to cook them. So, you can say that it is a beef bourguignon slow cooker recipes.
Servings – Beef Bourguignon Recipes
5 Persons – Free Style
Preparation Time For Beef Bourguignon Slow Cooker Recipes
The preparation time for this quick beef bourguignon is 10 minutes.
Cook Time For Beef Bourguignon Slow Cooker Recipes
The cooking time for easy beef bourguignon recipe is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Total Time For Beef Bourguignon Slow Cooker Recipes
The total time required to make this beef bourguignon without wine is 1 hour 40 minutes.
Beef Bourguignon Ingredients
Easy beef bourguignon recipe is a French traditionally made with delicious ingredients. The major beef bourguignon ingredients are beef, carrots, mushrooms, and red wine. Just expel the red wine to make it as beef bourguignon without wine. It is cooked to pure perfection in the most tempting rich sauce. A healthy and comforting diet that You will love to make it again and again.
- 2 cups of water instead of red wine
- 3½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 pounds lean stewing beef cut into 2-inch cubes
- 10-12 small pearl onions OR 1 small white onion diced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cloves mashed garlic
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 3 chopped bay leaf
- ½ tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper
Cooking Method For Easy Beef Bourguignon Recipe
1) Preset the oven at 350 degrees. In a large oven over the medium-heat slow cooker, including the bacon pieces and olive oil. Cook until crispy. Evacuate the bacon with an opened spoon.
2) Put some salt and pepper on the beef and mix well. After that add it to the pot and sear on each side for 3-4 minutes. Expel from the oven.
3) Include the mushrooms, pearl onions, and carrots. Saute them 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Remove and put aside.
4) Add the 2 cups of water instead of red wine to the skillet. Scraping down the sides and allow to deglaze. Pour the beef stock, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and whisk in the flour.
5) Put the vegetables and beef back to the pot and blend. Include garlic, bay leaf, and thyme. Put a cover on pot and let it simmer in the slow cooker for approximately 90 minutes until the meat is tender.
6) Stovetop: Bring to a bubble and reduce the temperature to a low and simmer. Spread and let cook 90 minutes or until beef is delicate.
You can also add in the mushrooms 10 minutes before serving the quick beef bourguignon!
What to serve with beef bourguignon?
As concern to keep it low-carb, I like to serve it with Cheesy Cauliflower Mash with Kale (Low-Carb Colcannon), Cauliflower Mash or Sauteed Brussels Sprouts. You can also serve it with Whole Wheat Soda Bread Muffins.
Hope you will like this article. just comment your opinion down the below and visit ground beef and cabbage recipes.