Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas ( A Round-up of Sorts)

Can you believe that tomorrow is December 1? I’m kind of in denial about the whole thing – holding on to November for as long as I possibly can.

Maybe it’s because I’m starting a new job on Monday. Yes, right in the middle of the holiday fray, I’m starting a new job and putting my youngest back into day care. What stress? What added pressure?

It’s definitely for the best, and I’m really excited about the opportunity. It just comes (as most things do) at a particularly busy time.

With that in mind, it might be a while before I post anything on the blog. It’s not that I won’t be baking and cooking, it’s just that I’m not sure how much writing and editing time I’ll have. I’m prepared, though. I’m arming you with some of my favorite holiday posts from last year to get you started. These were all big hits with my friends and family, and I hope you’ll enjoy making and giving them as much as I did.

Homemade Panettone (excellent for French Toast)
Time consuming, but totally worth it!

Cranberry and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
A versatile cookie recipe that adapts to all manner of flavors and add-ins.

Pink Peppercorn Sea Salt Caramels
As delicious as they are beautiful!

Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing
If you’ve ever been intimidated by royal icing, this should help you overcome your fears!

So, thanks to all of you for continuing to come to this little corner of the internet.  I’m grateful for your support and feedback, and for your patience when things get a little sporadic.  Life continues to happen for all of us outside of cyberspace, and I’m thankful that I still have a creative outlet and a place to share the things I love.

Let me know if you try any of these recipes, and if you give them as gifts or keep them all to yourselves (I know I’m tempted to do that with those caramels, and with that panettone).  Hopefully I’ll find that I have time to continue to post regularly, but if not, maybe you’ll find some inspiration from these in the meantime.

Enjoy!

About these ads

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: baking, blog, Breakfast, dessert, holiday baking

find l.i.r.

9 Comments on “Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas ( A Round-up of Sorts)”

1. 30 November 2011 at 6:44 pm #

Congrats on the new job! What will you be doing? Your holiday gift ideas look delicious as well :-)

• 1 December 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Thanks so much! It’s a part-time job at a local school – I’m really looking forward to it.

2. 30 November 2011 at 7:56 pm #

Great ideas, and those caramels look to die for!

• 1 December 2011 at 4:00 pm #

Hi Kiri:

Those caramels ARE to die for. They were the most popular thing I made last year. Can’t wait to restock on pink peppercorns so I can make them again this year.

3. Anyce Fox
    1 December 2011 at 8:32 am #

From someone who has been on the receiving end of each of these treats, they are as tasty as they are beautiful! I remember receiving annual boxes of homemade goodies from relatives back in the 40’s and 50’s (before the days of electronics and gift cards) when I was a child. Any one of these could start a new tradition for a family who enjoys cooking.

• 1 December 2011 at 3:57 pm #

Well, you might be slightly biased, but thanks anyway! They’ve become quite the tradition in our family as you well know:-).

4. 1 December 2011 at 11:10 am #

Great food round up for gift giving they all look so good. I hope you have a wonderful first day at your new job. :)

• 1 December 2011 at 3:58 pm #

Thanks, Susie. First days are always intimidating, but hopefully this one will be great. Maybe I can make it better with some goodies;-).

5. 1 December 2011 at 9:22 pm #

I love homemade Christmas gifts. If you can eat them all the better. Great list!