- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Line cookie sheets with silpats
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar, baking powder and baking soda; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and orange zest until well combined
- Add the flour gradually, with the mixer on low speed
- Add the oats
- Add the cranberries and white chocolate. You may have to incorporate this using a wooden spoon – the batter will be quite stiff at this point.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons two inches apart onto your prepared cookie sheets
- Bake at 375F for 9 minutes, or until edges are golden, but centers are soft.
- Cool on cookie sheet for on minute; transfer to a rack to cool
The resulting cookies are chewy, soft and full of flavor. The whole-wheat flour gives them a bit of a bite, but not so much as to be distracting. The cranberries are just tart enough to contrast nicely with the sweetness of the white chocolate, and the oats give great texture. Feel free to substitute with the add-ins of your choice – these are such versatile cookies, and they would be a great addition to any holiday cookie swap.
subscribe, follow, like